Need a new PA system for your venue, but not sure where to start? We’ve got you covered with all the information you need about sound and audio system installations in Orange County, CA.
A public address (PA) system has three main components: a pickup device that converts soundwaves into electricity, an amplifier that boosts the signal and a loudspeaker that converts the electrical impulses back into soundwaves. There are many different types of PA systems, and not all of them are perfect fits for every single type or size of venue.
So what do you need to consider when choosing one for your venue? Here are some factors to take into account:
- Power: Power will be the biggest consideration that will factor into your PA system choice. The larger your event and audience size, the more power you’ll need. When shopping for a PA system, you’ll be able to browse by wattage and amplifier power. You should also consider the physical space. Outdoor events need significantly more wattage and less sound reflection. An auditorium requires more amplification and less wattage. It’s always better to have more wattage than you need than not enough.
- Purpose: What exactly will you be using the PA system for? If you intend to amplify both music and speech, your PA system will need more capabilities than if it were just, for example, being used for speech. Music has a wider frequency spectrum than speech, so power needs can double if the PA is being used for music. More speakers will help the music to sound better, as well. If you’re playing music, you need speakers that can produce a full frequency range, meaning you’ll want a subwoofer for low frequencies, a horn for midrange frequencies and a tweeter for high frequencies.
- Aesthetics: Do you need a system that is aesthetically pleasing? Sometimes event runners are holding a prestigious event, such as a major speech, conference or gala, and want the sound equipment to look like it fits in at such an event. You can find freestanding podium housings, for example, which can increase the aesthetic appeal of the PA system.
- Portability: Do you expect the PA will be used in multiple venues? If so, it had better be easy to move around. Portability can save you time, money and a whole lot of stress and backache. Look for PA systems with handles, wheels and compact cases that allow you to easily pack them up and move them to the needed location. Consider how often and how far you expect to move the system components as you search for the right device for you.
- Expansion: Will you be expanding your PA system in the future? If so, you will want to consider systems to which you can easily add extra components down the road.
For more information about how to choose a PA system for your venue, contact us today about sound and audio system installations in Orange County, CA.