When it comes to throwing a concert of any size, the key to a memorable event for concertgoers is not only providing stellar sound from the stage, but phenomenal lighting as well. Renting lighting equipment is both economical and convenient—especially compared to purchasing all new equipment—in the sense that it’s typically cheaper to rent as needed and you are not responsible for maintenance or storage. If you’re a DJ, then consider lighting rentals to make your next concert gig event better!
Let’s take a look at five of the most popular types of DJ equipment rentals in Orange County, CA that are perfect for concert lighting:
- Blacklight: Remember blacklight posters from back in the day? Guests attending upbeat nighttime concerts are sure to enjoy the visuals brought about by blacklights placed on stage and around the venue. A blacklight is a piece of lighting equipment that makes luminescent materials glow in the dark under ultraviolet light.
- Mirror ball: Mirror balls are used to create a unique lighting effect with movement. The mirror ball is rotated though a mirror ball motor, which has a narrow beam of light focusing directly on it.
- Beacons: Depending on the type of concert, you may want to consider renting a few beacons to add fun to the stage or venue. Often referred to as a police light effect, beacons are a type of lighting similar to (or sometimes the same as) the lights used on top of law enforcement, ambulance and other emergency service vehicles.
- Strobe lights: Many concert venues utilize strobe lights because they create excitement and a daring general lighting effect. Strobe lights flicker on and off quickly; they are capable of producing 1 to 15 flashes per second for as long as the strobe is set to run. However, keep in mind that some medical conditions can be triggered by strobe lights. Therefore, if you plan to rent concert-grade strobe lights, make it known to ticket buyers, or announce to the audience whether the effect will only be used during certain songs.
- Cue lighting: Cue lighting works when a controller sends a signal to the equipment to change a setting or perform a certain action. This includes dimming lights, moving light beams in different directions, creating light streaks, causing an intentional blackout and other actions.
Whether you are a professional event DJ or a concert event organizer, you’ll be happy to know that Larson Lighting & Audio offers both quality DJ equipment rentals and event production support. We’re also a professional event production company offering equipment rentals like audio systems, lighting, microphones, stage systems and much more, as well as services to ensure your concert sound and visuals are set up right.
If you are a DJ in search of the highest quality DJ equipment rentals in Orange County, CA, look no further than the gear in stock at Larson Lighting & Audio. We carry some of the best brands in the business at very affordable prices. Visit or call us today to learn more!