From busy call centers to open-layout startups, office spaces can be very noisy places. Loud copy and fax machines, phones ringing off the hook, foot traffic from the conference room to the break room and casual conversations between employees can turn a peaceful working environment into a chaotic, noisy mess. In order to maintain some order in your office space, take some steps to reduce noise levels. By combating unwanted sounds and taking advantage of sound masking in Orange County, CA, you can make your office a more comfortable place for your employees to work, increase productivity and boost morale. Here are some tips to keep noise levels down:
- Flooring: Tile and hardwood floors can be a big contributor to noise level when there is a significant amount of foot traffic. Hard floor surfaces can create a large amount of noise pollution in an office space. In order to reduce the sounds produced by hard flooring, consider investing in carpeting or vinyl, both of which can reduce noise in an office space. You can also find flooring specifically designed to absorb noise, although this might be a more costly solution to your noise problems.
- Noise-cancelling headphones: If your employees are having trouble focusing on work due to a consistently high level of noise, purchasing noise-cancelling headphones can be a helpful option. These can be especially useful for open office spaces with employees who are frequently making conversation.
- Separate quiet spaces: When some employees are trying to focus on a specific project or presentation, a high noise level can become very frustrating and might negatively impact the dynamic in your office. Having empty conference rooms or designated quiet spaces available can give employees the time and space that they need to focus on the task at hand without the distraction of unwanted noises.
- Compartmentalized layout: Being flexible with your office layout can be a big help when it comes to reducing noise. If there are some employees who frequently need to collaborate or make phone calls, consider grouping them together to compartmentalize the noise level in your office. You might also consider moving loud office equipment like printers and fax machines to a separate room, where it will not contribute to the overall noise level.
- Sound masking: In order to increase employee privacy while maximizing productivity and reducing workplace distractions, sound masking technology is an excellent choice. This technology works by adding a level of ambient noise to your office space that reduces the prominence of workplace conversations. This technology is great because it provides a solution to workplace noise distractions without inhibiting the ability of employees to collaborate, make phone calls and converse.
Create a peaceful office space for your employees and improve workplace productivity by using equipment and technology specifically designed for sound masking in Orange County, CA. At Larson Lighting & Audio, we specialize in providing our clients with the highest quality audio and visual equipment available, along with comprehensive maintenance and repair services. We are a locally owned and operated business and we are dedicated to providing each of our clients with exceptional equipment and outstanding service. Give us a call today for assistance from our experienced team.