If you have even hosted a big event—like a wedding, fundraiser or company holiday party—then you may have worked with an event planner to ensure everything would go as planned. But while event planners are essential for a number of events, there are occasions that call for more than general planning assistance. For example, if you are hosting a corporate conference or special awards office luncheon, you might want to utilize audiovisual equipment, too. This includes equipment like sound systems, microphones, stage lighting and projector machines and screens.
If you need someone to control all the equipment and take care of the planning, an event production company is the way to go. Here are five tips to help you choose the right production house in Orange County, CA for your next office event:
- Hire a company with experience: There are many event production companies and independent contractors to choose from, but topping your list of what you want in a production house should be experience. Websites can be misleading; although a business’s website may look professional, that doesn’t mean they have adequate experience in event production. Look for an online gallery or portfolio. Better yet, schedule a meeting and ask about past events or projects they’ve worked on.
- Look for applicable expertise: While experience is definitely a must, it’s important that the experience is also relevant to your particular type of event. Be specific with your needs when you contact companies. If you’re in need of productions for an upcoming office event, and you want the works—lighting to see presenters, sound equipment to make sure speakers are heard and projectors to display crucial business points—then you’ll need to hire someone capable of controlling all that technology.
- Make sure they own the equipment: The great thing about hiring a professional audiovisual production company is that they bring their own equipment, instead of you having to locate AV equipment elsewhere in addition to finding an event production company. Just make sure they can get their hands on everything you’ll need.
- Get recommendations and references: Like searching for any other kind of service, you should look for a client feedback tab on their website, as well as consider seeking recommendations. Ask friends, family and networking contacts if they’ve ever pulled off an office- or company-wide event with the help of a production house in Orange County, CA. Did they have a positive experience? Would they use that company again?
- Follow your instincts: It’s extremely important that you feel comfortable with an event production company. First, meet in person so you get a better read on them; you must be able to trust them. If they are not delivering right from the start, follow your gut and take your business elsewhere.
Larson Lighting & Audio is the premier production house in Orange County, CA for all your event planning and production needs. You can rest assured that booking us for your next office luncheon or company event will result in a day that everyone in attendance will remember for the right reasons. Please don’t hesitate to contact our team today to learn more about our production services!