If you are planning a wedding, party, dance, corporate retreat or other big celebratory event, then of course you have probably started considering what you will do in terms of music. The right tunes can turn an ordinary party into an epic night, while the wrong ones can cause your guests to run for the exits as soon as it’s socially acceptable.
When it comes to planning party music, what is the smarter option: hiring a DJ, or controlling the music yourself with the help of DJ equipment rentals in Orange County, CA? Here are six reasons why the latter option tends to be more successful:
- Choose your own tunes: This reason is the most obvious, but it is also the most crucial: when you are your own DJ, you get to call the musical shots. Nothing can wreck a mood faster than an awkward song choice, and since nobody cares about or understands the event you are throwing more than you do, you are uniquely suited to pick the right music.
- Personalize the event: There is a reason why newlywed couples usually pick their own first dance song, rather than letting the DJ choose one at random: when something is unique to you, it tends to be more special. What if your entire event could be like that? With high quality DJ equipment rentals and a lot of forethought, it can be.
- Nothing inappropriate: You probably do not want a wedding DJ who will make off-color jokes when your elderly relatives are listening, or a middle school dance DJ who will play music that glamorizes drugs or promiscuity. When you control the playlist, you can easily screen out any songs that are not suitable for the group at hand.
- Take requests: Sure, some DJs are happy to take requests. But others consider themselves smarter than everyone else in the room, and you can never be completely sure which type you are getting until it’s too late to change anything. If you want your guests to feel empowered to make as many requests as they want, then you’re better off being your own DJ.
- Gain experience: Do you or a friend or loved one have dreams of being a professional DJ yourself someday? If so, you probably won’t be able to get paying jobs or afford your own equipment until you get a little experience under your belt. Try renting your own equipment and spinning at a friend’s or relative’s event first. If all goes well, you’ll have your first positive reference.
- Save money: Yes, it’s true that quality DJ equipment rentals are not cheap. But a worthwhile audio service will handle all the setup for you, without charging you extra to listen to music you might not even like. In the long run, you’ll probably save money and have a more successful party.
Whatever reason you have for choosing DJ equipment rentals in Orange County, CA over hiring a DJ, the team at Larson Lighting and Audio will be happy to help. Contact us today to learn more!